I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie UP. If you have offspring still hovering around your kneecaps, my guess is, you have. A wonderful story put to film about an older man who vows to finish a dream he and his wife held before she died; to live in their house next to Paradise Falls. Accompanied by an unwanted boy scout (Russell), the old man and little boy fight evil talking dogs, treacherous paths and a long lost aviator turned lunatic.
Throughout the 90 minute film, we laughed and cried and cried some more. For whatever reason, the movie hit us hard. Maybe it was the realization that this was the last movie that Makenzie and Maddie saw together. Maybe it was the scenes of the old man sitting alone in his chair next to his wife’s. Maybe it was the clear message of letting go of the past and going on into the future. It was probably a combination of it all. But we wept. All four of us. Wept. We wanted Makenzie there to share in our family time. We
wanted to see her crinkled nose and hear her snorty laugh. We all wanted Makenzie.
Life Changing Links …
- Makenzie’s Celebration Service Online – Click Here
- Tribute Video played at her celebration service
- “I Dance For You My King” (Video: Makenzie’s song by Anthony Celia)
- “Image of Grace” (Video: Song written and played by Nathan Stocker)
- “Makenzie Memories” (a blog by one of her best friends, Katie Davis)