Another one came in the mail recently. It had her name on it; printed in collegiate lettering. The opening line … “Makenzie! You’ve been invited to apply to (insert college name). You can pursue your dreams at (college name) and all it takes is simply to fill out the enclosed application.” Arg.
Another reminder. Another disappointment. Another mnemonic telling me that I won’t be helping her fill out the application as other moms and dads have been doing the past few months. There will be a college that will not experience Makenzie’s joy; her laugh; her excitement for the Lord, dance and life! And I feel badly for them.
Normally I look forward to getting the mail. Now, not so much. Next year, they will stop. Her name will drop from their lists and I will be relieved not to get those pieces of postage. Funny. It’s the simple daily things that make me realize the complexity of loss.
Life Changing Links …
- Tribute Video played at Makenzie’s Celebration Service.
- Makenzie’s Celebration Service Online – Click Here
- “I Dance For You My King” (Video: Makenzie’s song by Anthony Celia)
- “Image of Grace” (Video: Song written and played by Nathan Stocker)
- “Makenzie Memories” (a blog by one of her best friends, Katie Davis)