As a refiner, I can make a hefty mess of the newly molten-ed metal. Now liquid, the soup is poured out from the Crucible and into a preselected mold to cool. The timing of this move is critical. If I empty this ‘new creation’ too soon, the slag and metal could be malformed and be of sub-quality for use. If I allow the mass to stay in the Crucible too long, it will get stuck; never wanting to leave the comfort of it’s coffin-shaped bed.
When my Savior Refiner dropped me in the Crucible on June 3rd, all I could do was trust that this inferno was merely a flicker to Him. When my Savior Refiner allowed me to experience the heat of grief and the singe of loss, all I could do was watch my pride and self-reliance melt away. And now that my Savior Refiner has poured me into a new mold, all I can do is rely on His plan and purpose. He will either keep me in the mold to ‘cool’ or pop me out to be used. Either way, it will be in His perfect timing.
Welcome to the Crucible.
Life Changing Links …
- Tribute Video played at Makenzie’s Celebration Service.
- Makenzie’s Celebration Service Online – Click Here
- “I Dance For You My King” (Video: Makenzie’s song by Anthony Celia)
- “Image of Grace” (Video: Song written and played by Nathan Stocker)
- “Makenzie Memories” (a blog by one of her best friends, Katie Davis)