There is something special about a gentle kiss that Daddy receives from Daughter. Those innocent lips smacking against a well-seasoned, gruffy cheek, communicates sweetness … connection … love. Just A Simple Kiss.
I loved that kiss from her. Usually it comes unexpectedly. Hurrying off to school. Driving into the drop off lane. Suddenly, she grabs my shoulder sleeve, pulls me sideways and plants one. I can’t help but smile and say, “I love you, sweets.” “Love you too, Daddy.” Then, she bee-bops out of the car, joining her friends and disappearing behind the glass doors that would keep her safe for the balance of her day.
And I just sit there; thinking, How can I be so blessed with a beautiful daughter who surprises me with her simple kiss. Then, as if being jolted out of a dream, the driver behind, gently taps on her horn. As I drive away, I am reminded about past moments like these with Makenzie. But today’s hurrying, drop-off, grab and kiss came from my other daughter, Maddie, who told me she loved me, with just A Simple Kiss.
Life Changing Links …
- Tribute Video played at Makenzie’s Celebration Service.
- Makenzie’s Celebration Service Online – Click Here
- “I Dance For You My King” (Video: Makenzie’s song by Anthony Celia)
- “Image of Grace” (Video: Song written and played by Nathan Stocker)
- “Makenzie Memories” (a blog by one of her best friends, Katie Davis)