For me, there is healing in speaking. Each time I share Makenzie’s life with others, a small edge of pain is chipped away. Like a sculptor’s chisel on the surface of marble, each “Makenzie” word I speak helps notch a groove in the stone of my ache.
And what has been amazing to me is that I see the Master Artist at work through the telling and re-telling of an amazing young woman whose life and death affected so many. Stories still stream in. Messages still ping her Facebook. Emails still make account of how Makenzie has inspired people to re-prioritize their lives. All bear witness to God’s ability to turn pain into purpose.
So I’ll tell her story again. It stinks that I have a story like this to tell. But as He gives me opportunity, I will accept the speaking engagements to talk about a life cut short in order for others to live long.
“I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.” John 12:24
Life Changing Links …
- Tribute Video played at Makenzie’s Celebration Service.
- Makenzie’s Celebration Service Online – Click Here
- “I Dance For You My King” (Video: Makenzie’s song by Anthony Celia)
- “Image of Grace” (Video: Song written and played by Nathan Stocker)
- “Makenzie Memories” (a blog by one of her best friends, Katie Davis)