With all of the ‘to-do’s’ that need to get done, how can you work smarter, increase your productivity and feel at peace? In this episode, I share the latest system I’m using.
ON THIS PODCAST:
- Collect The Tasks – Whichever method you use, there should be a place where you mark down the tasks that you want or should get done. I suggest using the free app called Wunderlist.
- Date Them All – Every task needs a due date. Do you want or need to complete that task today, tomorrow or next week? The due dates help dictate the urgency of the task.
- Assign To Lists – Create 4 lists and title them A, B, C, D.
- ‘A’ list: These tasks you must do today.
- ‘B’ list: These tasks you should do but are urgent and they only have mild consequences for non-completion today.
- ‘C’ list: These tasks are nice to do but have no consequences for non-completion today.
- ‘D’ list: These tasks are the ones you delegate.
- Work The System – When you start your day — or even the night before — look at your inbox. You’ll have a list of tasks with dates behind them. Use the A,B,C,D system. Under each list, prioritize what you want or need to get done first and put that on the top and so on.