ON THIS PODCAST:
The one word secret is ‘solitude’. You need to take breaks in your schedule to refresh.
Here’s the key phrase to build into your life’s rhythm in order to break stress“Divert daily, withdraw weekly, move away monthly and abandon annually”
- Daily, take a break from your normal routine. 12-14 hours is too long to be focused on one type of work.
- Weekly, find a place that you can spend time doing an activity that refreshes you. For me, it’s outdoors or in a quiet spot to do some writing.
- Monthly, pull away from the grind and change your setting. I’ve loved to take a day tarrying along the aisles in antique stores in river towns like Hudson or Stillwater.
- Annually, I try to pack a bag and hide away for an extended period in a cabin or some other place completely removed from familiarity.
In these times, God meets me. He encourages me. He gives me direction and strength. For me, that is the secret to lasting and a key to breaking stress.
- Audible.com – 180K audio book, right at your fingers
- Productivity 101 Cheat Sheet
- Leading From The GUT – My book that gives more details about leaders that last.