On This Episode:
I talk with so many people who are in a job they aren’t passionate about or they don’t like. I always ask how they got into the job. Usually it is for money, family expectation, whatever.
The biggest complaint is the boss. Many times, bosses only connect with the employee when they felt a need for correction. Many bosses never compliment but only criticizes. If you’re like this as a boss, STOP IT!
Col. 3:23 helps change your perspective on who your boss actually is:
“Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.”
Changing your perspective about who you work for is so important. If you’re a christian and are in a job that you don’t really like, the first thing to do:
- Up your game as if you were working for God. Do excellent work.
- Spend time learning about yourself. Why did you take that job in the first place? Why are you still in it?
- Take my hardwired survey. The basic is free. You can access it here.
A bit of homework:
Identify one thing about your job that you loathe. Most likely you have a negative perspective. Before you go into work, change “I don’t want to do that” to “I can’t wait to finish that.”
if its a person with whom you struggle, commit to finding good things about them and compliment them on it. Remember that its not for them, its for you!
Remember that you are the only one who can make you happy. Choosing your perspective about your boss will make all the difference in the world.
- Audible.com – 180K audio book, right at your fingers
- Hardwired Survey – a work-style survey to help you learn how you like to work