The Elections are right around the corner. So what qualities should we be looking for in the next leader of the United States and how should we emulate those qualities?
Today’s Quote: A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. – Confucius
With the elections right around the corner, I thought it’d be good to rehearse one of the many lists in the Bible that describe what a good leader is. This list is from 1 Timothy 3.
A good leader is:
- Has integrity
- Respected for his business
- Hospitable – has a welcoming spirit
- Not an obsessed lover of money
- A leader at home
One Radio host took a list and compared the lead candidates to this list. Yikes. Neither of the top nominees did very well, unfortunately.
Lists are helpful for grocery shopping and getting things done, but sometimes fall short of completely describing a human being. Be that as it may, this is a good list for you as a leader to check yourself against.
Some questions you could ponder are:
- “Which is my strongest, most consistent quality?”
- “What would other people say I’m strong in?”
- “In the weak areas, how can I bring them up a notch?”
If you’re serious about becoming a better person or leader, you may need to have someone else walk you through these questions.
I can help! If you want to talk about my coaching services, click here.
- Audible.com – 180K audio books, right at your fingertips!
- Anchored – Book Proposal Overview
- Coaching – Need my help?