Did you know that just as your body can get out of shape your mind can as well? When was the last time you got in shape mentally? How do you do that? I’ll talk about the importance of mental weight loss and how it is a key to peace and success.
On This Episode:
The basic process for weight loss is simple.
- Commit to it. This is mentally saying, “I’m going to do this no matter what!”
- Eat right. What you take in is healthy (increase the healthy and decrease the unhealthy
- Exercise (movement). You need to get off the couch!
When you lose weight, your body is simply loosening and getting rid of the toxins and sludge that is stored up in your body.
As much as we put our focus into our bodies, what about your mind?
Here are a few truths:
- The outcome of your life is determined by how you perceive it.
- Be Transformed by the renewing of your mind. Rom. 12:2
- You have a choice about what you think.
I heard someone say that you aren’t responsible for your first thought, but you are for your second
Thoughts come and they go. It’s how we deal with them that really matters.
How do you know if you have some extra unhealthy pounds of thought? Listen to your words. Negative and positive thoughts show up by what you speak.
If you don’t take hold of your thought life, every other aspect of your life is affected.
How do you shed the mental sludge and negativity? You follow the same pattern for losing physical weight.
- Commit to it. You decide you’re going to get healthy mentally.
- Begin thinking about good things. “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.” Phil 4:8
- Put your brain to work. I suggest right away in the morning. Do a devotion. Claim the promises of God over your life. Look at your calendar and decide you’re going to enjoy every second of it. When you set your mind right at the beginning of the day, it positively affects your emotional stamina for anything else that follows.
In podcast episode 28, I talk about my morning routine.
- Audible.com – 180K audio book, right at your fingers
- Productivity 101 Cheat Sheet
- Rudder Of The Day – Dan Miller or 48days
- S.O.A.P Devotion Method